New writeups on www.glorantha.com

From: nichughes2001 <nicolas.h_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 22:21:52 -0000

First I'd like to thank the kind powers that be for putting up the two writeups of the Heortling spiritist traditions that I for one have been wanting to see since Thunder Rebels.

Now onto some discussion:

Kolat and the Seven Winds practice appear on the face of it to break the usual rule that a prospective shaman must not learn any secret before they awaken their fetch. Does anyone know if this is an intentional variation of the usual rule? I would not have a problem with it - Kolat is clearly wierd in several ways - I just want to clarify it. The Seven Winds practice secret seems relatively easy to learn in any case.

I can't make out what the requirements are for the secret of the Serdrodosa practice, or to be honest what the game effects are. I guess I would treat the secret as socially equivalent to an "Initiate of Asrelia" ability when dealing with normal Heortlings but otherwise any guesses as to what effect it may have? Other than a possibility of performing Asrelia heroquests (at a potential alien realm disadvantage) any ideas?

In play how would narrators handle the potions? My first inclination would be to say that a character that spends HP on a potion can typically be expected to have that one dose to hand, either to use or sell. The dose reappears between stories (as would for example a lost mundane item) and is presumed to have been remade in downtime.

--
Nic