Re: Really Large Augments

From: Silburn, Luke <luke.silburn_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:07:04 +0100

Rob
>>My solution to this conundrum is to add as many augments as the
>>player comes up with to the adversary. Thus if the player is a
>>2wibble fighter and gets another +20 then thats what his adversary
>>will get.

I'm cool with that general approach, provided you modulate for player's coming up with a cunning plan. If they get a bunch of augments because they've planned well, prepared their ground and got the drop on the other guy then giving the same augments to the opponent is a hefty disincentive to that sort of play. Of course that's not really an issue if you don't get off on careful planning and this sort of 'pick your battles' strategising, but I do so I like to see it rewarded.

My general thought process for opponents is to set a basic 'always on' ability rating which represents what they have as a matter of course (and implicitly includes any routine augments) and then add two or three augmentation numbers to represent how buffed they can get with a little notice, decent warning or when *they* can pick the time or place. You can then frame a series of challenges leading up to the main confrontation where players' earlier successes and failures decide how tough the final Boss encounter will be.

Regards
Luke