Re: Really Large Augments

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:52:14 +0100

Brian Curley:

> Yes. One of my primary gripes about Anaxial's Roster, or the
> fact that
> we have no HeroQuest monster's book, is that HQ characters can
> absolutely smack the living bejeebers out of practically any
> creature
> listed. Those numbers might have worked OK for Hero Wars, but
> they're
> not really a challenge for the average starting HQ PC.

Well, yeah, when it was written, I was given the guideline that 17 was pretty damn impressive, and anything with a mastery was positively superhuman. There are some stats that, in hindsight, I would still have made higher (speed, in particular), but, even so, the stats do have to be looked at with that scale in mind. They probably work fine in Rob's game :)

> Even the
> sample
> monsters in the HQ rulebook seem drastically underpowered.

Yeah; I don't think they were changed much. To the extent that I had input, I certainly wasn't told that masteries were being devalued, so the scale remained the same as in Hero Wars.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic