Re: powerful augments

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:46:46 -0000

Hi

My point is that, I would suggest, is the game you describe is not the stated aim of Heroquest. However, that position has been foisted upon us by page 9 of the Hero's Book. Now the Hero's book is perfect in most other respects, but the observant may detect that chart really ticks me off. Probably the worst thing ever produced for Heroquest. Sort of a HQ rules Grotaron, if you will. I restate that as soon as you state that to be a master of a skill (90%) in RQ you have to be 2 Wibbles. I suggest that you actually need to be about 1 wibble. That is to say that, on normal resistance you can never ever fumble, which isn't even the same as RQ when the Crimson Bat can fumble the Swallow roll of 750% on a 00!!! In fact, its pointless trying to compare mechanics....

Regards
Rob