RE: More on augments...

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:02:58 -0500

>From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
>
>Actually I can't see any problem with combining
>ordinary automatic augments with HP as lenses for
>adding your entire ability score onto your target
>number. I'll give that a try and see how it works.

Sounds viable. I think that having a currency to monitor the rate of augmentation or other bonuses would work just fine (a lot better than a hard limit).

>On a complete tangent, have you tried playing FATE
>without skills? Just using aspects? That works quite
>well.

With FATE, actually, I drop the skill list, and use HQ style abilities (this is how I got rid of "extras" in FATE). Aspects become similar to keywords in some ways (but have their dramatic potential in addition to the in-game mega-ability use). So, again, we're working at cross purposes here, you and I.

I was going to say that perhaps we might meet somewhere in the center, but it appears as though we may have already passed each other up.

Mike