Re: Re: powerful augments

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 07:25:16 +0100 (BST)

> > oh yes, I knew I'd forgotten something. You said
> you
> > were more or less using HW, not HQ, I think? Do I
> > gather that you dropped the the HW limit on
> augments?
> > P133. Only one mundane augment. Altering this will
> > make quite a difference.

> Why did this change?

Because it was a silly limitation that stopped drama for the sake of restraining munchkins. If you're hitting someone, and you've got skills in "strong", "vicious" "hate Poss clan", and "intimidating scars", why shouldn't you use them? What's the game reason for not doing so? None. So get rid of the rules construct.  We're not munchkins, we don't want the restraints.

> One of the biggest problems in
> my game is players
> scrabbling around trying to blag spurious augments,
> and trying to asrgue why
> every last abaility on their sheet can act as an
> augment.

If that's what they enjoy, then why not? And if it isn't what you enjoy, how about telling them so?

Yahoo! Photos is now offering a quality print service from just 7p a photo. http://uk.photos.yahoo.com