Re: Wardings

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 17:26:30 +0000

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 11:45:35 +0000 (GMT), you wrote:

>Hi
>
>Has anyone had experiece of using wardings in HQ? They seem to have
>dissapeared since RQ days. Except to find them blocking doors you need to pass
>through.
>
>ISTR that Gultha Goldentogue is the only place where such a thing is given as a
>feat - Protection Whilst Sleeping.
>My first thought is that players should be able to improvise off a defensive /
>combat affinity.
>
>Humakt - Death
>Destor - Combat
>Bevara - Self Defence

Depends a lot on what one means by Wardings.

In RuneQuest there was an Issaries spell, Pathwatch or something like that, which did much the same things and the Goldentongue Protection While Sleeping feat, and that makes sense as a spell/feat for a God for whom travel is an important and one his whys and wherefores. I imagine Lokarnos and anyone else in that line of work would provide that kind of magic.

Warding though I remember as a spell people would cast on doorways and around the vampire's sarcophagus so that when the adventurers rushing in to stake him they'd get hit by damage and countermagic just before all those piles of rags in the corner turned out to be Great Troll Zombies. Not sure who'd do that these days. Probably a sorcerer somewhere.