Re: Re: ILH2 Further Questions

From: Santo Sengupta <s.santo.sengupta_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 13:50:36 -0500

Namaste.

I've been running a Lunar campaign for a while now, and I had the Seven Mothers Collective be obtainable via Heroquest. MGHV, in that after Orlanth died, I've kind of left him dead, at least for now (1623). Also, when I saw HeroQuest, I was fascinated by its ability to really run *Heroes*, like say Prince Rama of the Ramayana or Gilgamesh. As such, my campaign is rather highly powered, and I've house ruled it all to heck and back.

The six Heroes formed a heroband, the Palm of the Reaching Moon. They journeyed to the Red Moon, met some interesting Immortals (and were faced with assorted HeroQuest challenges) and performed their Unification Ceremony on the Self Plateau, and brought forth She Who Waits. While the Collective lasted (OOG: some of the players were leaving town), the Heroes greatly enjoyed its benefits, and suffered hideously when it was broken.

For what its worth, I used the original HW Seven Mothers Collective write up, but combined it with HQ rules for Guardians and Herobands. It worked quite well, and did foster some Unity amongst a very diverse group of rather loony Lunars.

If you're interested, I have a campaign log up here: http://www.aumshantih.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=TSMLogs

Currently the Lunars are all in Teshnos, more specifically Melib, causing no ends of trouble with the Gachi and Ashurtan. I've been basing Melib heavily on the Demon Isle of Lanka from the Ramayana, but also haunted with forbidden 2nd Age ruins

--
-Santo

"Aum Shanti Shanti Shantih."