Re: PC Power Level and Advancement (was Re: [HeroQuest-RPG] new guy here)

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd01_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:50:29 -0600

On 1/11/07, Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...> wrote:
> On first glance, that sounds like they're missing out
> on a lot of the fun: my usual example being augmenting
> your combat ability with your "hate Lunars" or your
> "love husband". But then it occured to me: why not
> just forget the combat ability (it was only at 6
> anyway), and use the "hate" or the "love" as the
> primary? No sums, all the drama. Is that more or less
> how you work it?

We still augment with a couple of things, and passions are one of the favored categories. So Hate Lunars (for those PCs who still have effecitve levels of it) is a favored augment. One of the players also led with family loyalty on the start of a heroquest recently, so leading with passions is also done. A little of both really.

Thanks,
Andy