Re: Moon Design - HeroQuest and QuestWorlds update

From: Toksickburn_at_...
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 16:16:24 EST

Hi Rick,

i must admit im a bit tired with the marketing of questworlds. First zomben and voriof "flooded" rpg.net with marketing-threads of dubious value, giving the public "teasers" which in my view didnt even deserve the word teaser.
Stuff everybody who has read HQ once, could make up on his own.....

Then silence, nobody knows whats up with QW, people admitting it was advertised too early, bla bla bla.

Then it seems there is a new team, containing Mike Holmes, Mark Galeotti and Mark Humphries (soviet), as far as i know.

Now you are telling us HQ will get a revise via QW and it will happen this summer...so far so good.
Also Robin Laws will write the new edition. Here is my problem:
in all the years i have been a member of this group and involved in the HQ fanbase, there has never been a word from mr. Laws again. It seemed he came up with the basic engine and then other people developed it from there. A lot of people have become experts in HQ, and i cant really magine mr. Laws, for whom i have greatest respect, is one of them. So i seems like you just want to get his name on the book for marketing reasons....

Am i just a bitter frustrated paranoid HQ-nerd ?

all the best

Christian