Re: Conversion tables and scales (tricky situations)

From: Mark Galeotti <mark_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:50:00 -0000

Hi Boris,

[snip]

> So there's no point in increasing an obviously weak ability as
> "neophyte scholar" or "amateur swordsman" because it would be
useless...

No, I think you're misunderstanding what Ash is saying -- which is actually the opposite. Call it Amateur Swordsman 17, Experienced Swordsman 17 or Master of Safelstran Duelling 17, it doesn't really matter in terms of straight combat ability -- they are all at 17.

The different names of the abilities provide colour and may also be used in less direct ways. For example, the Master of Safelstran Duelling ability could also be used to identify that the move that ragged beggar just made was in fact Capistrelli's Ingenious Riposte, suggesting he was trained in Salticavalli's fencing school.

All the best

Mark