Re: Tricky situations List

From: Mandacaru <samclau_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 20:31:47 -0000

Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...> wrote:
> > [RR:]"Dying"/Complete Defeat in your game? In something
> > other than deadly combat?
>
> Thinking back, I can't remember the last time this
> happened to a PC. I've had it happen to a major NPC -
> the players were trying to convince him to be an ally
> not an enemy. I never did get round to quantifying the
> result on his character sheet, I really should, but
> I've been playing it as a relationship with fairly
> high values that has him as very much the subservient
> partner to their group.

So, it seems that it has a decent chance of happening

- to NPC´s
- with a mastery of difference in simple contests
- if the Narrator uses a certain strategy in an EC

So, not, IMO, very likely to be common, empirically.*

As Rory is hot on the intentions within the rules...was that the intent? (Without using any 70's scifi language if you please)

Sam.

*Getting the mastery difference due to finding the weak spot (low ability) comes to mind too, but I suspect that is, again, less common empirically than it could be.