Re: Re: Can Heroquest do Gamism?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 22:27:33 +0000 (GMT)

Maybe you've got my problem. I can do gamism. I can do roleplaying. I can't do both at once, and I can't easily swap between the two modes. That being said, I find sliding from gamism to role-play much easier than the other way round. I've had most fun when wargaming when I slide into roleplaying mode, but my best successes have been with an army so abstract that I'm forced to stay gamist. But going roleplay to gamist - no. It hurts. The story's flowing, the scenery is being chewed, and then you suddenly have to work out bidding odds - ouch!