Re: One System to Rule Them All

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 17:13:52 -0000

Chris Lemens:

> Here's something I've never understood. Let's say that, in the
current rules, you have Great Sword +5. Why not represent this as Great Sword 2W9 and take the +5 auto-augment when appropriate?

I assume you mean 9W2? :) Either way, the problem here is acquiring an ability that high, especially in character generation (and a great sword isn't unusual enough not to allow a starting character, it seems to me). By the time you're talking about the sort of iron plate that the Loskalmi wear, you need abilities around 1W5, which is a heck of a lot. Now, you could get round this problem by having special rules for these sorts of ability... but that kinds of defeats the point.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic