Re: Re: Crystals & Truestone; improv; ridiculous?

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 22:43:00 +0100 (BST)

David D:
> > > (Luckily, weapon ranks are an optional rule.)
> >
> > It's a rule of law, see pp. 144-148...
>
> Nope. "To make equipment a factor of the game ... use the following
> simple rules." Thus, narrators who believe the preceding section
> (which has a typo and should read "equipment alone is not worthy of
> description"), wouldn't use the following rules.

I might buy this as anything other than disingenuousness, had I not seen it so many times before... Haven't you been threatened with an Official Errata Restraining Order, by now? ;-) That's a little like the Bleedin'Heart Liberal Sophists that say the Second Amendment is a conditional statement...

Cheers,
Alex.