Illumination

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:08:33 +0000 (GMT)

How do you guys play illumination with the revelations within ILH2?

I like them and want to expand these rules to include "old fashioned illumination" including Nysalor Riddlers. I thought for Nysalorians illumination should be a two stage process.

  1. The riddling: Riddler vs Victim's "Grounding in the real world" use worship [entity]1, stubborn, know own mind or you can use the Vardus defence: "Stop talking rubbish or I'll nut yer!"

Any victory by the Riddler causes an attack by the all. Though, because the victim is not prepared for the attack they may simply not comprehend what is seen and carry on without any illumination or occlusion.

2) Attack by the all: All vs Victim's "Grounding in the real world", any defeat for the herp means the hero carries on as normal. Any victory for the Hero means the hero is now aware of the cosmic all and gains the Nysalor Riddling skill at 13. I would guess that (from my memory of older material) many victims become occluded so perhaps illumination only occurs with complete victories and occlusion occurs for lesser states of victory.

Does this make any sense or is the ramblings of a occluded fool?

Gavain

1 works best if the entity is non-illuminated