RE: Re: Mythic Russia, and Pyrrhic Victories

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:32:56 -0500

>From: Brian Curley <bkcurley_at_...>
>
>Not that I have any objection to the Chained Simple Contests from Mythic
>Russia, but you don't find the rule on exchanging 7 points of AP-loss
>for a -1 to the losers ability score to be a sufficient simulation for
>this?

I don't know about LC, but my problem with it is that I never think to use the darn rule. There's nothing about it that makes me think to use it. Worse, there's no situation where I think that X place would be better to use it than another.

What I'd prefer is a mechanism that produced it randomly as part of the normal resolution process.

Mike

http://liveearth.msn.com