Re: Illumination

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 08:19:06 -0000

Hi Nam

YGWV Have you seen Barbarian Adventures? There is an illuminated guy in there.

The playable illuminates are the cosmically aware guys, who instead of sitting at a wall contemplating the nature of a leaf actually start behaving almost like a sociopath, but hiding that from people because they still understand, at least in principle, that social groups have particular behaviour norms.

For this reason illuminates have always been much more fun as NPC's for me. Great bad guys if you will. Of course, that also means that you don't really need rules for illuminates. Player characters need rules, and the physical magical environment use rules.

I had a mystic (failed?) npc in my game who could pass through solid rock and fly and block swords with his bare hands. There are no rules for mystics, so I made up what the NPC could do just from watching chinese martial arts flicks.

Regards
Rob