Re: How do I make a charm?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 21:55:41 -0700

Huh, sorry 'bout that empty post, I didn't realize it was loaded.

>"Practice spirits can be placed into charms, as described above."

>"Only as far as I can see, it isn't "described above". What am I
missing? "

That it's actually described *below*, on page 137... Spiritists don't normally make charms, they usually don't have the proper skills. So Practitioners (and shamans) take on the duty of creating pratcice *and* tradition charms. The rules for making charms got moved, the "described above" reference didn't.

>"What ability should I be using? Do I need to do a Spirit Face
>against 10W3 just to find the thing? Or what? If practitioners spend a
>lot of their "cult time" making charms, isn't that rather a high
>resistance for an every-day activity?"

Making a practice Charm is (almost) exactly the same as making a Tradition Charm. The contest (for both Practice and Tradition Charm) is, as mentioned, on page137. You use either Follower of Majestic Spirit (Practice) or Worship Great Spirit (Tradition) as the main ability. This *does* assume that you have somehow contacted the spirit in question - almost invariably this means that you're standing in a Open Spirit World circle (or other appropriate shape). This *often* means a 10w3 resistance, but that's why we love Holy Places and Weak Spots and the like. OSW is a ritual, so Ritual bonuses (and community support) are normal modifiers for it. So find yourself a nice weak spot in the fabric of time and space, then wait for the stars to be right ...

There *are* Neutral spirits in a Practice or Tradition - some few are just that way normally, some you managed to piss off somehow... (remember that Animism is all about the realtionships - so if you're friends with Spirit A, Spirit B might shift from "Friendly" to "Neutral".)

RR