Re: Two goals?

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 16:11:08 -0400

On September 23, 2007 03:53 pm, Jane Williams wrote:
> > It does seem to have it's advantages. I'm never
> > quite sure how much carryover to use.
>
> That's built into the system. Just look up the table
> for the injury level associated with the
> victory/defeat level you obtained. The only question
> to resolve is what ability the modifier gets applied
> to: one specific, "all physical", or what? And that
> has to be decided on a case-by-case basis.

I don't think I understand this.

Give me an example of how you would use a chained simple contest and carry over modifiers.
Let's avoid combat. To be honest, I'm not even sure what would be a good example so I'll leave that to you.

OK, I lied. A ship through a storm maybe?

> > I'm loathe to give up
> > extended contests completely, though, as there are
> > aspects I really like about them.
>
> Sure. It's a real shame in that in some cases they're
> just too complex for us to cope with.

I'd actually say that it's too simple for what it wants to cope with, myself. It rapidly becomes unable to handle any complexity.

> > This has to do with the wise thing i mentioned
> > earlier. :)
>
> I think it has more to do with being a Bear of Little
> Brain, and knowing it :)

:)

LC