Re: Welcome...

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 05:47:00 -0700

Henk

>* How long have you been playing RPGs, and what
> attracted you to HQ?

Since about 1976 (D&D). I was excited about RuneQuest because it dropped character classes -- anyone could do anything!

HeroQuest has taken that much further. But what I really like about it as a GM is that there's really no game-specific preparation time. I can concentrate just on the story.

Stephen

>Tried HW/HQ with my own gaming group and then put it down again.
>Something not quite right for us.

At Tentacles, Robin Laws and Moon Design revealed details of the new edition of HeroQuest. It's significantly simpler than the first two editions, and also makes it a more pure game system for story-style (rather than simulationist) resolution both with rules systems and with advice for Narrators.

The hope is to release this August, but that depends on me getting the final edit done...

--

David Dunham