Re: Re: Augmenting One Ability With Another

From: Graham Spearing <graham_at_...>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 16:24:53 +0000

Guy Hoyle wrote:
> Do you mean the "Augments" section, p. 78-80? This seems to be about
> augmenting someone else's ability after a successful contest. I had more in
> mind the older uses of augmenting, where you could augment your own "Sword
> Attack 7W2" with your "Wild War Whoop 17"

Unless I've missed it too, I think that augmenting of the sort you describe has largely been dispensed with. You can have one if it is significant, new, and tells you something about your character that really adds to play. Otherwise don't fret about it and just get your Sword Attack ability flailing into play.

Perhaps this was a violent reaction to the brain numbing trait whoring from HQ1? It's one of the areas that I address in my 'Your HeroQuest May Vary' article that I have worked up in anticipation of the actual finished version coming out.

Cheers,

--

Graham

Wordplay: http://www.wordplaygames.co.uk/