Re: Introduction: An experienced newbie...

From: Henk Langeveld <henk_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 23:26:23 +0100

Andrew:
> I just joined the group, and so I'm introducing myself (as per the
> request of the group owner).

Thanks, and welcome!

> I purchased the pdf of Heroquest some time ago, but haven't had a
> chance to run it yet. However, my wife and I are starting a one-on-
> one fantasy campaign shortly, and Heroquest seems perfect for what I
> want to do. I'm not interested in Glorantha (the world just doesn't
> grab me), but the Heroquest rules are exactly the right level of
> complexity and provide support exactly where I want it for this new
> campaign.

This would be exactly the place to be - many of the key people involved with HQ are on this list. The WorldofGlorantha and HeroQuest-RPG list deal more with Glorantha and roleplaying in Glorantha respectively, while this here is more concerned with HQ as an RPG system. You will find David Dunham, the editor for the manuscript and Roderick, the master of publications for Moon Design. And Robin Laws, principal designer of the system tends to lurk here as well.

Many people will be able to answer any questions you may have regarding interpretation of the rules and the upcoming revision.

Regards,
Henk Langeveld