Re: [WorldofGlorantha] How do you compare published abilities without numbers?

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 20:13:07 -0000

> I don't understand how a P/FC and all character descriptions lacking
> any kind of relative strengths can lend itself to that. Lancelot just
> becomes 'Knight. Known for particularly shiny armour.'
>
> Does that make any more sense? It's not the resolution of the fights
> in either question that matters, its the characters' understanding of
> what's out there and what needs to be avoided, and so giving them a
> framework in which to act.

In the Sartar Scenario we have a significant NPC who is famed as a duellist. Accordingly, any combat with him is going to be dramatically important and at a minimum difficulty level of Very Hard.  As the best knight in Britain, I'd suggest Lancelot might be always Nearly Impossible to fight or perhaps Impossible - you will lose, the question is how badly.

You can even warn players by saying things like "Everyone agrees it would be nearly impossible to defeat Lancelot in a fight."

Jeff