Re: How do you compare published abilities without numbers?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 20:38:53 -0800

Ian

>How do you decide if Harrek or JarEel is the better swordsman? My
>answer would be go with the outcome that makes the story more
>interesting at the time.

This is kind of a quantum physics approach. You don't know the outcome until it's observed.

And like a wave/particle slit experiment, how you observe matters. I'm sure the result is different if the PCs are Lunars or Orlanthi...

Non-determinism gets people very uncomfortable. "God does not play dice with the universe."

--

David Dunham