Re: Re: The merits of relative and absoluteresistances (HQ1 and HQ2)

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 23:32:14 -0400

Matthew Cole wrote:

>you use the character sheet numbers :)

I figured, but thought it best to ask.

>seriously though I have never thought it through. how do you see that
>working then?

Using resistances? I have no idea how it would work. I was just wondering.

>HQ2 covers Phyrric victories.

I had heard that.

>Could you explain 'true ebb and flow conflicts' please?

I am thinking about conflicts that actually have a see-saw back and forth. It's something that was never implemented well in HQ1, in my opinion. Extended contests were difficult to get around. You did have some sense of things moving back and forth with AP, but anything during a contest had no mechanical effect. It was hard to create a feeling of a fight, argument, dance, negotiation, what have you - going back and forth. This is probably why so many people went to chained simple contests. Dramatic set pieces weren't obvious in HQ1 for me.

LC