Re: The endless debate

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 17:28:56 -0400

Ashley Munday wrote:

>What is this "work of conversion" of which you speak? I'm not playing
that much HQ in Glorantha these days but I ran
>three chunks from Barbarian Adventures a couple of weeks back with HQ2
and there wasn't any conversion needed.
>And that was for Hero Wars...

*nod*

I was discussing the fact you will have conversion work using "statless" HQ2 stuff for HQ1. Obviously, stripping out stats from an HW/HQ1 (or lots of other things, in fact) to HQ2 is vastly easier.

>You really don't need NPC stats for HQ2 (or actually for HQ1 or HW) or
any of this "consistent scale/benchmark/
>absolute value" guff any more than you do for something like Primetime
Adventures - which doesn't have any stats for NPCs either.

How is Primetime Adventures? I've not been convinced by the mechanics, although the idea is interesting. I suspect I need to see it played to appreciate if I would enjoy it.

>PS: This means and wiki of numbers is about as useful to me as a
choccy teapot

Yes, but if I recall, you are not one of the people who has been asking for numbers to be in future products.

LC