Re: Excessive quoting -- on QuoteSpam and Moderator intervention --

From: Henk Langeveld <henk_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 14:07:19 -0000

Hi,

I noticed comments on the list about excessive quoting on followups on this list.

I ask that You, if you post a followup, review the message before sending.

As I've recommended before, study the art of paraphrasing.

Not only does it cut down on excessive quoted material, you also show you're spending effort to understand the original message.

A note about moderation

As list-owner/moderator, I've assumed a low profile on the list. Until recently, traffic has been low, and I've limited myself to routine moderator activity, such as approving first posts and the like.

I rely on you all to report any perceived problems. Any Yahoo moderator can be reached directly by appending "-owner" to the list address. Or you can contact me directly - just mention the list in the subject, please.

We're now resuming our regular schedule

Cheers,

Henk Langeveld
Moderator