Re: Re: HeroQuest (2nd Ed) will be avaible this June!

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 19:23:17 -0400

I'm glad someone made the Starbuck joke. :)

You could look at it more like Doctor Who's reboot if you want to stay with the classic Sci Fi theme.

>From what I have heard of HQ2, I would have people re-imagine their
characters, but then I had started using much more abstract keywords a while ago. It meant "anything reasonable that fit that keyword" and any specific skills within that you felt like breaking out you did, and used the keyword as a legitimate augment.

I have no idea how that will translate to the new rules. (The new augmenting rules, from what I understand, might make that not very workable.)

I not sure what you mean, Matt, about "re-launching each series" (paraphrase). Does that mean HQ2 has abandoned all pretense of character advancement over a campaign in any kind of structured way, and the idea is ever story arc you should just recreate the characters from scratch?

I'm still considering making a version of Full Metal Alchemist with these rules, as I've always thought that a fun world people could play in.

I like keywords at the clan level. Of course, you can dial that specificity to whatever you want, I would suppose. (Different genres having different keywords that make sense.)