Re: HQ2 runes and wizardy question

From: Kevin McDonald <kpmcdona_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 15:16:06 -0400

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Bryan <bethexton_at_...> wrote:

> I don't know if this can be answered yet, but I'm wondering how personal
> runes will work with wizardry.

I certainly don't know the official answer, but I expect that other magic types also follow the glorantha magic mantra:

An (rune) affinity is something you are - runes are integrated into your soul. A spirit is something you have - You assess runic powers through your spirits. A spell is something you know - You study runes through your grimoires

The way runes affect character behavior could be interpreted through that framework.

In the first case (affinities), your behavior is directly affected by the rune because they are part of you.
In the second case (spirits), you modify your behavior to befriend spirits. In the third case (spells), you modify your behavior according to the requirements described in your grimoire.

I would love it if Jeff would blog about the other two forms of magic, though. I would be VERY interested to hear how it officially works.

-Kevin McD