Re: Re: stretches and credibility checks - anyone else having difficulty?

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 18:11:11 +0000

Ashley Munday wrote:

> Trotsky said in reply to me:
>
> "Interesting. I can honestly say that I would absolutely HATE to play
> in a game like that, yet it obviously works very well for other
> people. Vive la difference..."
>
> While I appreciate that not everyone gets on okay with games like
> that, it's surprising how many do.

Oh, I'm sure there are. I've often said that my tastes may be minority ones.

> I'm going to have a crack at running "Glorantha: The Movie" at
> Continuum this year which will use a lot of the same techniques. If
> you're around and can bear to slum it, please come and give it a try -
> if nothing else you can find out how the other half live and I'll buy
> you a pint. I'm not convinced I can change your position but at least
> you'll be able to say: "Tried it and it was crap."

I should, in retrospect, have clarified my statement with "except for a one-off at a convention". I'm willing to try a lot of things in a one-off at a convention that I know would never work for me under other circumstances :)

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/