Re: Re: Question about Simple Contests

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 19:42:16 -0800

On 26 Nov 2010, at 14:51, Trotsky wrote:

> Ashley Munday wrote:

>> I really wouldn't bother naming abilities that opponents have -

> But surely that's a large part of the fun of a HeroQuest game? Or is
> that just me?

It is actually part of the fun, because it's a narrative game. However, all you need to do is name them, not worry about what the value of each and every one is. "Brenna laughs at your demands, her Resist Authority -- augmented by Hate Blackmore -- is a Critical."

The idea being you can do this without any advance preparation, if you so choose (or are so forced).

David Dunham
Glorantha/HQ/RQ page: www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein