Re: Creating Situational Modifiers and Performing Group Assists

From: orlanthumathi <anti.spam_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 22:19:53 -0000

> > As for RP going down - that's the rules, isn't it? The assist rules on p42-43 clearly show assists subtracting RP from a teammate - "An assist is an attempt to reduce a comrade's resolution points.", etc.
>
> Yes, but I think Jamie was pointing out that it's *a* comrade.

Actually no I was just confused, the rules about scoring RP against people is so counterintuitive to me, I tend to think of accumulating points as positive.

This isn't ever an issue except for things like assists and so I forgot that the rules have the score the other way round. To be honest I don't think it's very clearly written in the book either.

BUT, I would avoid multiple target assists personally, the game is designed as a set of individual conflicts, you are potentially changing the way that the contests work on a more profound level than may first appear.

Even situational modifiers can get a bit tricky hence the rules suggesting that you keep them simple and focus only on those that the players can impact.

But as far as extended contests go I don't really like them much so I'm not the most experienced user of them. I tend to only use two sided contests and try and keep to simple contests as much as possible. And if it was up to me I would ignore all of the special rules like assists and parting shots. I guess I'm just a weirdo purist.

Jamie