Re: Umbrella keywords and specific ability bonuses

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 20:18:06 -0800

On 30 Dec 2011, at 13:18, Olli Kantola wrote:

> Let's say that that the PCs clan has a tradition of dueling. How would
> you guys resolve specific ability bonuses in the following situation
> in the context of umbrella keywords?

I say if someone has "Dueling" on their sheet, it doesn't matter how it got there. It's almost certainly the ability most specific to dueling. (I suppose "Black Oak Dueling" would be theoretically more specific to this situation. It would let you know what sort of cheating the Black Oak marshalls allow.)

Remember the overall goal is to encourage players to come up with interesting abilities because those result in more interesting stories. Specific abilities are almost always more interesting than broad ones.

David Dunham