Re: Languages

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 17:22:18 +0100 (BST)

Not everything in HQ is predicated on contests. If Harek the Berserk is asked by Gunda to get that jar of jam open you're not going to roll the dice. Maybe Jars of Eels but that's another story.

So the point here is that languages aren't unusual: they're abilities - only roll when it's interesting. Which with languages is when the GM want's to have fun with people misunderstanding.

As to what languages someone speaks - it's really up to your conception of how the world works. I'm happy that the Goldentongue initiate can get through to most people even if it's unsophisticated and the rest of the bunch can get by in Tarshite as they're Sartarite. Neither seem much of a stretch to me for basic understanding but other people might have different interpretations.

Cheers,

Ash