Re: [HeroQuest-Rules] Augments and arithmetic are irritating...

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 18:14:47 +0100

On 7 Oct 2012, at 15:38, Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...> wrote:

> > even then it's a step backwards in rpg technology.
>
> This I don't get. Why is that a bad thing? Surely whether the system
> works better for you is more important than whether it's a step
> backwards, forwards, or sideways?

I should have qualified that better:

...even then IMO it's a step backwards in rpg technology. IMO HQ2 works better than HQ1. I've had the good fortune to experience it in non Gloranthan settings, such as Exalted and a Vikings campaign, those games wouldn't have worked easily with the first version. I also run it with Glorantha, and leave out all the extra stuff my group would balk at. I'm not sure it's development could go much further (eg a 3rd edition), but I would like to see a Gumshoe style add on for investigations.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433