Re: Simple Mass Combat, Alternate B

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 17:04:51 +0100 (BST)

Brian Laxson on rating units for mass combat, which pretty much has application to collective ratings in general:

> Now you could give them a starting AP equal to their base skill but I thinks
this
> favours the elite skill/low presence forces. The alternate would be to set
their
> starting AP equal to their troop size bonus. That is the knights 18 AP,
peasants
> 45AP and Praxians 25AP.

You've done the tricky part, determining TNs (and it looked good to me, at least for same/similar ability level groups). The AP total is surely straightword: just sum all the individual APs of the group members. An earlier draft specifically mentioned this for collective entities, I think; whether the published rules do or not, I forget.

Cheers,
Alex.