Re: feats and game mechanics

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 11:39:36 +0800

>A tought.
>
>What if a lightning sword or other high end weapon enchanting feat would
>give an edge for the whole fight, and I mean a really nasty edge?

        the degree of nastiness is directly related to the size of the ability making the nastiness.

>Like a truesword doubling the edge of the weapon (RQ style)
>
>OR a lightning sword giving a +5 edge to your sword (scaling up with
>more skill)

        or, indeed, scaling down with less skill.

>This would give the weapon enhancing feats/magics real meaning, and make
>it somewhat more concreate that the weapon is the thing bearing the
>enchantment. (so that one can for instance try to throw an javelin into
>the shoulder of that hand, and so forth)

        I think that using enhancement magic to enhance a weapon rather than the wielder is a reasonable interpretation.

        Just use the standard enhancement rules (or, indeed, some nifty non-standard enhancement rules such as the ones discussed recently).

	Regards
		David