Re: Re: To fight or not... with what?

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 09:46:59 -0400

Andreas Gustafsson wrote:

> > Unfortunately so, but its not uncommon mistake -- its hard to see
> >on the first go round inthe rules. When you get any sort of combat
> >skill, its considered a technique of your Close or Ranged combat
> >skills. And you get close/ranged combat at the best of your various
> >keywords.
>
> OK, thanks a lot! Thas wasn't to obvious. I feel it's very sad that
> the important bit with character generation is so obscure in the
> rulesbook.
>
> Now it all makes better sense.
>
> > A useful thing to check its the faq and some of the sample
> >characters out there -- Wesley Quatros's site has some interesting
> >starting characers (and some damned odd older ones that are kinda
> >variants).
>
> I looked at the sample character in the HW rules bu that made me even
> more dizzy...

Hmmm. After you've built a character or used the example as a 'look at that' while you build YOURS it gets much easier. Gad, I remember the blood drainingout of my face when I saw my first AD&D character sheet -- you know the, photocopy proof yellow ones?

> Last time I looked at Wesleys site it contained mostly older stuff.
> I'll have to check it out again.

He's got some sample characters but I think they are filed under Alkoth...? Wes?

> I can't remember this question being in the FAQ!? Maybe I was
> careless reading it, thanks anyway!
>
> /andreas

If it isn't, it SHOULD be. This is the 4th time this conversation has come up! That's grounds for Faq.

Jeff