Faster than a speeding horse...

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 15:09:11 +0200

Philippe Krait:

>> Horse: Run Fast 2w (one of my players has 1w!)
>
>This exactly confirms my point... And any starting character could have
>run 5w, meaning that he
>would beat a horse in a race 70% of the time without even resorting to
>magic, which I find
>ridiculous.

I think "fast" means different things for humans and horses. HW p.144 states that you can average 50 yards movement in a combat round without rolling for it, 80 yards if you roll an ability test against some sort of running ability. I would guess these numbers are higher for horses. Perhaps average movement speeds should be a part of creature descriptions? Or maybe we should just try using our common sense...

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg