Re: Scorpion Hall

From: Thomas Bagwell <tnbagwell_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:16:18 -0000

Why should the player get a chance to avoid it? Actually, a very similar instance just occurred in a Runequest game I'm playing in. We were involved in fighting skeletons, actually. A couple of the other characters had suffered some relatively major wounds, as we were fighting about 5-1 odds. My character had taken one minor wound to a leg.

My character was involved in defending the healer and himself while fighting two skeletons, when one got in a lucky blow to the head. Sufficient to take him to -1 in his head. He collapsed. The healer retreated, and the skeleton proceeded to try and make him "red goo".

He got no chance to avoid it or to try and run away. One shot and down. The healer did come back in time to keep him from being totally gooed, at least.

If you lose in Hero Wars, why should the results be any different?

Tom B.