Re: Javelin throwing; affinities/feats

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 18:15:38 -0000

> If it isn't listed as * (which I think it is, IIRC), then I don't
see any
> reason why TS/ can't be used directly as an ability to cut someone
up with
> your sword. It would only be useful in this context if the affinity
is
> higher than your CC ability, or if the defender has some
peculiarity
that
> means that magical abilities are better against him. I wouldn't
allow it as
> a defensive action, though.
>
> Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/

This is a cool thought and has been used in our group against a chaos critter that seemed to be immune to mundane hacking and crossbow wastage. (It wasn't but it just looked that way). The Humakti decided to switch to a magic only assault, using his True Sword in stead of his Close Combat (he augmented his Combat magic with his close combat ability (which was fine in this case -- using his experience to guide his blade's magic more effectively)

Hope this helps,

Jeff