RE: Re: Zorak Zoran

From: Phil Hibbs <phil_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 01:14:45 +0100

>Let's see. If you go up to your friendly neighborhood Death
>Lord, and tell him that his god is NOT a troll, he will say,
>"Yes, because he is a pre-Uz demon."

No, he will kill you. They aren't theologians, they're killers. It's what they do.

Why should Uz be locked in to the same "Our god must be the same shape as us, otherwise we are denigrating ourselves" attitude that human religion seems to follow? Why can't trolls worship a demon for what it is - especially the insane Zorak Zorani? I see them as literal-minded, and *not* self-conscious (in the vernacular, not literal, sense). Another point to bear in mind is that ZZi are almost exclusively male, and rebels at that, so their membership of the Uz race is as marginal as it gets. Males are unimportant, and only gain respect through serving the mothers - these are renegades, and so are on a par with trollkin as far as "being good uz" goes. Of course, they are well hard, and that makes up for a lot.

Phil.