Re: Digest Number 306

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 15:46:58 +0100

> From: "Tim Ellis" <tim_at_...>
>If it was a "Hunting" feat (which does sound likely) it may gain
>improvisation penalties if not used to try and catch something -
>though this is probably something I'd rule on on a case by case
>basis, depending on how abusive I thought the palyer was trying to
>be...

Makes sense. I usually interpret the feat within the affinity, but err on the side of generosity. I think the burst of speed should be fine for any hunt or chase. I'd probably not apply penalties unless the use was out of character for an Odaylan or was being abused by the player. For example, running away from a foe isn't hunting, but hunters presumably sometimes run from charging boars!

Thom