Re: Tornadoes

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 22:27:56 +0000

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:27:11 -0400, Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com> wrote:

>When was the last time a tornado in the UK killed or injured anyone, or
>even did any property damage?

This is an old thread by now, but last night a tornado crossed Bognor Regis in southern England, threw mobile homes around, ripped off some roofs, injured 5 and killed one (although I'm not sure that death was due to the tornado, we had gale force winds over most of the country). More gale & storm force winds are expected tonight, speeds up to 90 mph...

I believe Prince Albert's (Queen Victoria's husband) last words were "Bugger Bognor!" - sounds like his wish has come true...

Wulf