Re: Re: Progressive Devotion

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 10:49:07 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Benedict Adamson wrote:

> I disagree. To be a devotee of Barntar is to spend most of ones life
> emulating Barntar. Which is what most farmers do anyway. Devotees of
> weird cults like Bevara, Issaries, Humakt, etc. are a different
> matter...

Exactly. Most Orlanthi are not full time farmers. They're farmers who do some raiding, some brewing, some hunting, etc. Someone who only farms is a bit weird in Orlanthi terms. The amount of time farming needed for a community to survive at subsistence level in suitable terrain is very small - averaging maybe two or three weeks hard work a year. Much of Dragon Pass is not optimal, so maybe double this. Full time farmers are only needed when you have a large urban population to support as well.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net