Re: resistance to magic

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 07:23:36 -0800

I made the mistake of posting without looking up the rule, so Wulf asks:

> 1) A healer attempts to remove 6 Wounds inflicted by Grievous Wounds,
> or trading 7 AP for a Wound (ie actual wounds). Does it matter if the
> healer does this as an Unconnected Action during a contest, or later,
> outside a contest? Is the resistance 6 or 14?

This is actually an ability test, with no resistance [p.155].

> 2) The same healer assists a hero by using the AP mechanic to lend 10
> AP. Is the resistance 10 or 14?

  1. (Augmentation and AP loan have their own rules, so I wouldn't consider this magical resistance.)

I may have been thinking of the healing when it's matched against "poison, illness, or malign influence, the resistance is the strength of the opposing force." In this case, it would be at least 14.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein