Re: Digest Number 342

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 12:26:00 -0800

> while agreeing with Jonas, I think, on most points, this bit tickled me.
>
> clan chief:
> "who is our best hope on this hero quest, so important to the clan?"
> rurik:
> "I am oh great chief. I am mighty, I am the best, I am the optimum choice,
> the victor ludorum, the pinnacle of human achievement, etc etc"
> clan chief
> "well, if you put it like that....."

Actually, Boasting *is* a big part of Orlanthi life (well, among the men, at least), and part of being a good weaponthane, or more importantly, clan Champion, is being a good Boaster. Now, it's probably not something you'd put the most effort inot ("I'll take 5w in Boasting, and leave Close Combat at 17..."), but is *is* something to put HP into.

RR