Re: Augmnetation

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:33:27 +0100

AK Berner:

>This mechanic seems very central to the entire game and yet is so little
>discussed while obtuse points about heroquests and such seem to be such hot
>topics...

Augmentation was really hot for a while - until we realized that actually not a single person on the list liked the rule as written, and we were just arguing which house rule was the best.

Personally, I'm in agreement with this opinion from Markus Battarbee:

>There's virtually no chance of
>gaining no result whatsoever with augmenting - therefore I'd much rather have
>a marginal or minor defeat have no effect and only a major or complete defeat
>give a penalty

Even though I'm at least partially responsible for the "apply penalty to augmenting ability, not the one being augmented" idea, which seems to have caught on with some people, I think I'd rather just have fewer penalties overall.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg