Re: Digest Number 362

From: Olli Kantola <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 18:37:33 +0200

On Fri, 24 Nov 2000, Thomas Bagwell wrote:

> > still use a resistance of 14, but if I'm using a mundane skill then the
> > resistance is based on the height of the tree?
>
> So...if you want to leap up an incredibly tall, vertical cliff, you're fine as
> long as there's a tree at the top of it?

HW is narrative indeed and perhaps its rules aren't meant to be taken literally. It's a good thing that feats aren't described if this is what will become of it. Twisting the wording of runespells is still popular among some RQ gamers. Luckily as a narrator you can say that the feat was not meant for that and that the guidelines don't apply to this case.

Olli Kantola

--
It's lovely to watch colorful shadows in the planets of the eternal light.
        -The Master